Meet Rob Peat
Group Finance Director – COBA International Ltd
Rob joined COBA in August 2013 initially as Group Financial Controller based at COBA International’s UK Head Office. In December 2014, he was promoted to Group Finance Director with global responsibility for the complete finance function of the entire COBA group. This includes all 14 8 subsidiaries of COBA overseas, each of which have their own finance teams, and a further six UK based COBA companies which are looked after by Head Office.
A key part of Rob’s role is ensuring the finance team is reporting complete and accurate information to the Board of Directors to monitor and analyse business performance, as well as setting future strategies for the group and its individual subsidiaries.
Rob holds a BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance, and is a Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA and FCCA). He is also a member of the Institute of Directors.
“There are many things to like about working for COBA and we have great people working for the business and great leadership. I am lucky enough to be directly involved with all of the subsidiaries and it is a pleasure to work with them, and share their culture whether it be in Europe, Africa or Asia. Through acquisitions and trade and asset deals, the growth and pace of the business is amazing too, and it’s very rewarding to be part of it,” says Rob.
Away from COBA, Rob is School Governor and chairs the Finance Committee at his local Junior School. He is also a part-time football coach for his son’s football team, Melbourne United.
- Interests: Sports, especially running, swimming and tennis Playing ‘Dad’s taxi service!
- Favourite Team Sport: Football, supporting the Mighty Rams (Derby County) and watching them play at Pride Park
- Desert Island ‘must-have’: Wife, kids – crisps and coffee!
- Favourite Book: I’m a Pilgrim by Terry Hayes (or any John Grisham novel)
- Favourite Film: StarWars – A New Hope (Yes I was old enough to see the original!)
- Favourite Destination: Koh Samui in Thailand (beach holiday); Hong Kong (city break); Cape Town (holiday food)
Meet Dean Neal
Technical Development Engineer – COBA Precision Engineering Ltd
Date Commenced employment at COBA: August 2014
Relevant industry/career qualification: Advanced Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship. HNC in Mechanical Engineering. XYZ Programming Course.
Describe your current job role: Design, machine and build tools and machines.
What do you like most about working for COBA? The people and the fact that COBA listens to its employees and makes improvements where it can.
Outside of COBA, are you in involved with any charities/community projects? I volunteer as a cricket coach for under 10s and 13s.
- Interests: I enjoy doing a bit of woodwork at home, I’ve just finished my first bed frame.
- Favourite Team Sport: Cricket – Leicestershire County Cricket Club
- Desert Island ‘must-have’: My girlfriend
- Favourite Book: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Favourite Music: Guns n’ Roses
- Favourite Film: Gone in 60 Seconds
- Favourite Food: Roast Dinner
- Favourite Destination: USA
Meet Kerry Hutton
Quality Manager – COBA Plastics Ltd
Kerry’s career at COBA started back in January 2007. After 8 weeks working as a receptionist, she moved to COBA Europe’s Customer Service team and following our acquisition of Moving Edge in 2008, she swiftly progressed to the role of Sales Developer specifically for our safety knife business. Two years later (2011), Kerry made the transition into Purchasing, initially as a Procurement Assistant and Supervisor for COBA Europe’s matting business, before being promoted to Procurement Manager and Office Manager. In January 2017, Kerry enjoyed further promotion in a completely new role, when she joined our plastic extrusion and moulding business, COBA Plastics as Quality Manager. As well as managing the Quality Department for COBA Plastics, her responsibilities include supporting all external audits across all COBA group companies.
She describes COBA as: “a very friendly environment in which to work and a company with really good values. I am very proud to be working for such a successful, interesting business with great people.”
During her employment at COBA, Kerry has completed Lead Training and Internal Audit Training, and also attained CIPS Level 2 and 3.
Kerry has two daughters who ‘keep her busy’ when not at work!
- Interests: Going to the gym
- Favourite Team Sport: Rugby, supports Leicester Tigers
- Desert Island ‘must-have’: A good book and my mascara!
- Favourite Film: PS, I Love You – mainly because of Gerard Butler!
- Favourite Food: King Prawns
- Favourite Destination: Hawaii
Meet Wayne Calver
Technical Tool Maker – COBA Precision Engineering Ltd
Date Commenced employment at COBA: 2010
Significant promotions/position held during your employment at COBA: Tool Maker – Maintenance – Machine Builder – Technical Tool Maker
Relevant industry/career qualification: Passed an apprenticeship in tool making.
Describe your current job role: Mainly involved with steel wire profile tooling. But if any other department needs help, I’m there to lend a hand.
What do you like most about working for COBA? The environment in which we all work in.
Outside of COBA, are you in involved with any charities/community projects? Involved in Ultra White Collar Boxing event and about to do another one for Cancer Research UK.
- Interests: Beer, football, fitness and boxing
- Favourite Team Sport: Football – Leicester City FC
- Favourite Film: Fast & Furious
- Favourite Food: Chicken
- Favourite Destination: Anywhere that has a beach with a bar
Meet Richard Kenyon
Operations Director – COBA Plastics Ltd
Richard joined the COBA group in March 2010 as Plant Manager for Copely Developments. In September 2012, he moved to COBA Plastics in Fleckney to take on the role of UK Engineering Manager before being promoted to Operations Director in 2014. As Operations Director, Richard is responsible for the entire production process of extrusions, mouldings, Secondary Operations, Warehousing, Planning, Maintenance and Site Facilities.
He has Six Sigma Green Belt certification, a Diploma in Strategic Management and an HND in Electrical Electronics.
“COBA is a very forward-thinking company with an excellent appetite to achieve great things. I like the culture, the varied work, and the team of people I work with,” says Richard.
- Interests: Play football. Also enjoys running and spending time with his children. Richard’s sons play rugby at Harborough Town Rugby Club and his daughter is into ballet and gymnastics.
- Favourite Team Sport: Rugby (and football)
- Desert Island ‘must-have’: My family and Music
- Favourite Book: Mike Reid, the autobiography / The Goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt
- Favourite Music: Reggae
- Favourite Film: The Godfather
- Favourite Food: Italian
- Favourite Destination: South of France